We recently ran into an issue when updating an ACL we used in a Cisco PBR configuration. We changed the name of the ACL, and updated the route-map to reflect the new ACL name. All traffic stopped being processed by the route-map as it if wasn’t even in the configuration. Luckily for us this situation had the effect of all traffic followed the routing table, as opposed to going into the bit bucket.
Cisco identified the following bug as being responsible: CSCty21119
The workaround was to remove the route-map from the interface and reapply it. Essentially the TCAM wasn’t updating with the changes, and upon deletion of the old ACL the router didn’t know what to do because it was referencing a non-existent ACL.